As an incoming student at New Student Orientation, you’ll discover the people, places, processes and programs that will help you transition smoothly into the Georgia State community. New Student Orientation leaders will assist you throughout the day, answering any questions you have and sharing their insight about campus life. While informative and busy, orientation is designed to be a fun introduction to Georgia State. You will leave more confident about the way things work and have registered for your first semester of classes.
Georgia State offers multiple options for New Student Orientation. Depending on your student type (whether you’re an incoming freshman or transfer student) and the semester you’re starting classes, you’ll have a number of orientation dates and times from which to choose. Each orientation session runs on a schedule that ensures students, parents and guests get the most out of the day. Upon arrival, you (and any guests you bring) will receive a detailed schedule in your check-in bag(s). Since students and guests attend separate programs at various times in the day, you’ll want to refer to the schedule often.
Here’s a sneak peek of what to expect at orientation:
- Meet other new students, the orientation leader team and helpful university staff.
- Get introduced to campus services that will support your academic and personal goals.
- Learn how to get involved in campus activities and clubs.
- Take a campus tour and eat in a university dining hall (Atlanta Campus freshmen only).
- Get all of your questions answered about Georgia State programs and services.
- Meet with an academic adviser and register for courses.
- Get your PantherCard.
- Learn the next steps for starting your journey as a Georgia State Panther.
For more information about orientation by student type, click on the link that applies to you.