Complete Placement Testing
Log in to PAWS with your CampusID. Under the New Students menu, you’ll see a Placement Tests tab that will take you to a registration form. You’ll be required to obtain your PantherCard and present it at the time of your test. Please note, academic departments may have separate testing requirements for your major. Please review the information below and contact the department directly if you have any questions.
Math Placement Exams
Register for your required math placement exam.
- Math Placement
- Math Placement and Admissions testing @ the Urban Life Mile
- Math Placement and Admissions Testing @ the Commons Mile
Students in programs that require MATH 1111 (College Algebra) or higher must take the math placement exam, which will assess their skills and place them in an appropriate math course. Certain test scores serve as a prerequisite for entry into college algebra, pre-calculus and higher.
There is no fee to take an exam the first time, but there is a $50 fee each time a student retakes the exam. Students should have their PantherID number and one form of photo identification ready to show at the time of the exam.
Majors Requiring Math Placement Exams:
- College of Arts & Sciences: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Science (B.I.S.), Geosciences, Mathematics, Neuroscience, Physics, Pre-Computer Science
- J. Mack Robinson College of Business: Actuarial Science, Accounting, Computer Information Systems, Business Economics, Finance, Hospitality Administration, Marketing, Managerial Sciences, Real Estate and Risk Management
- College of Education & Human Development: Exercise Science, Middle Level Education-Math Concentration, Sports Administration (B.I.S.)
- Andrew Young School of Policy Studies: Economics (B.S. only)
- Byrdine F. Lewis College of Nursing & Health Professions: Nutrition Science
- School of Public Health: Public Health
To view exam dates, times and locations and to register for an exam, visit the Testing site or call 404-413-1736. For more information about exams and requirements, contact the University Advisement Center or call 404-413-2300.
Register for New Student Orientation
Currently, all incoming first-year students are required to attend New Student Orientation. Students can sign up for a New Student Orientation session upon completion of the Start @ State modules.
See this page for more details about who must attend a New Student Orientation session.