Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
Panther Access to Webs Services (PAWS) is the university’s web portal for students, which allows students to access, view and update all of their records and to register for orientation.
- Log on to PAWS with your campus ID and password.
- Click on the Enrollment tab.
- First, register for Math and Chemistry Placement Tests (if needed) by selecting each link individually.
- Then, choose New Student Orientation and review each link. When finished, select the link to Register for New Student Orientation.
Take care of a few other important tasks while logged into PAWS:
- Register for the math and chemistry placement exams before registering for orientation, if required. Students must take any required placement exams before attending orientation.
- Register parents or any other guests who plan to attend orientation. Students can bring up to two parents or guests.
- Thoroughly review orientation withdrawal policies before registering.
- Contact the HelpDesk at 404-413-4357 for difficulty logging onto PAWS.
To change an orientation date, students should not withdraw from an orientation date for which they have already registered. Fill out the Change Orientation Date form.
Please be aware, students will be charged for any orientation program for which they have completed a registration (online or mail in). To receive a refund after registering for orientation, students must withdraw or cancel their registration at least three full business days prior to their scheduled date.
If students meet the three day withdrawal deadline, the refund will be credited to their student account. The money will not be credited directly back to a credit card or bank account. This refund will remain on students' accounts and be applied to any outstanding fees when tuition and fees are due each enrollment cycle. If tuition and fees are covered completely by other funds, the orientation refund will be mailed to the address on students' files when Student Accounts distributes refund checks each enrollment cycle. If a student withdraws from orientation and does not attend Georgia State University, the refund will be mailed to the student's address on file when Student Accounts distributes refund checks each enrollment cycle.
If a student withdraws or cancels less than three full business days prior to the scheduled orientation date, there is no refund. There are no partial refunds. If a student registers for another day, he or she will need to pay the full registration fee again.